Friday, October 20, 2006

the urban pet-is the end in sight??

ok...after a few more phone calls and finding a new cell phone listing for laurie i managed to call her several times today in ten minute intervals...leaving messages and pages along the way...once the calls were made, i decided to head out of the studio to get a fresh perspective on things...so, tonight i sat in the audience during a taping of one of my favourite tv shows...went out to dinner with my best friend, where i had to send back my dinner as it wasn't fit for a dog!...but happy to report that after a few grande margaritas, the world looks like a brighter place....

i just returned to the studio at this moment to find a message on my answering machine...who from?...the illusive laurie martin!!!....it seems that the help of the great folks on the message board, my persistence and my terse but firm email to her associate, rive nestor drew her from hiding....the message stated that she had sent me 'several emails regarding my work' but none were responded to ( i never received one of the said emails) and that my work has been sitting with her all packaged up waiting for me to show up...hmmm?...all she needs is a mailing address to sent the package to(which by the way, is written on the contract, my business cards and inside my portfolio all of which she has) and could i call her back with the details....the absolute best part of this entire message was her asking me if i would like to 'sign up to advertise' on her latest website project!!!....this made my slightly inebriated self laugh a good one!...

so there you have it, my work is coming home or at least that is what was said....fingers crossed...time will tell...

it has been a very interesting two days that's for sure...i have learned that despite the fact that there are people in the world who think they have power, such as laurie martin, owner of a gallery, possessor of no integrity...the power lies within the goodness of the masses who offer help to someone they don't even know...i can't thank the people who have come to my aid enough...again i will say, that the next time i'm in san francisco, i will buy everyone drinks!....

thank you....

i'll let you know when they are sitting in my studio safe and sound...

No comments: