Wednesday, January 16, 2008

the week so far...

today is the day that marks the decline to the weekend...wednesday as the kids call it...since i've been home from vacation in florida, the sun has NOT shone once here in the big smoke...not once...each day i gaze outside from behind the easel to find the same old cloudy, grey day...the clouds seem to loom over toronto as if they have taken up residency here permanently...now i'm not one to really complain about the weather, especially the wintery kind but come on where is the sun?...i'm not talking a brief interlude where the sun breaks through for a moment or two but i would like to see an all out sunshinepallooza even if for one day...i love, love, love the winter time...i love to cold, the clothing, the cosiness of wrapping myself up under my duvet for a fantastic night of sleep but during the day it would be nice to feel the rays of the sun on my skin...some of you may know that even in winter i like to take a chair and my coffee/tea outside to drink it...i love listening to the silence that so often is 'heard' during the cold, snowy days...i hear the birds...the occasional airplane...my idiot neighbour sighing for summer where he can mowed his lawn three times a week...the silence is what i like, the human silence...i also love it when the elderly women in my hood go out for the morning walks (when the road is clear of snow as my hood doesn't have sidewalks) glance over and see me sitting outside enjoying my beverage...i love the silence gesture that expresses their inner nodding and commenting on my action 'meshugana'...yes, i love winter but i need at least one sunny day, just one for this month...maybe i'll just go to my easel to paint a sunny day...

i've finished a very interesting painting this afternoon...a bird...yes a sweet looking finch named 'chirpster'...i have to say that i have never painted a bird and it was a challenge for me...i'm so used to painting fur/hair but feathers!...anyway, it's done and i think it is a lovely painting...now i'm going back to rework a small painting for a client before starting work on 'cami and spinnaker'...

think sunny thoughts...

No comments: