Thursday, March 22, 2007

almost done...broke free

good news, i have succeeded in breaking through the 'stuck' period on this current painting...i'm optimistic that this piece will be completed sometime early next week...am i happy?...indeed i am...nothing is scarier than facing a block while working...you begin to question whether you are talented or worthy enough to be actually be taking money from strangers to create paintings for them...you begin to picture yourself as a greeter at wal-mart or picking up garbage along the shoulders on highways...not than i'm putting down those careers, i'm just saying that i feel like i shouldn't be doing what i'm doing...this phenomenon isn't uncommon among artists, even the best of the best have felt this way...

well, for now things are looking up and while the 'sun is shining', i'd better make hay....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing it! I know what you mean, I'm really dragging my feet with my painting, but I don't have anyone else but myself to please, so at least I'm not under any pressure.