Thursday, March 08, 2007

what my studio desk looks like...


yes, that's an opened can of guinness on my desk...and yes, it's early afternoon...i'm kicking off the 'st.patrick's day' celebrations early this year in honour of my irish heritage...i'm sure that my great-grandmother would approve of my shenanigan...

i seem to be overwhelmed today with the current painting...i have moments where i think i've conquered the 'hugeness' of it and then there are moments where it simply sits there egging me on to try and finish it...it's the 19th century costumes that are difficult to grasp, especially because i don't have a live model to stand here wearing what i'm trying to paint...sometimes working from research photos just doesn't grasp it for me....

back to the easel...

'Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!' (even though i'm a week early)

No comments: