Thursday, March 01, 2007

today is my birthday...



the weather today for the first of march is supposed to be a big ice storm...apparently, the day i was born the weather was the same...there was a huge ice storm here in the big smoke and on the way to the hospital with my mother in labour in the front seat, my father had to get out of the car every few blocks to clear the ice from the windshield...march once again, storms in like a lion, which explains a lot about me...

the photo of me in the pink dress, was taken at my dad's birthday...the girl sitting next to me is my aunt...she died tragically almost two years ago...as for my relationship with my dad, we haven't spoken in many years...it's odd to think that when that photo was taken that many years later i would not be with either of those people...

the photo of me with the deer is a funny story...my mother,grandmother and i were at storybook gardens in london, ontario one day...i absolutely love animals and seeing this deer was amazing to me (i think i was 3 years old)...the game keeper had just finished what he was doing in the deer pen and i noticed he had stepped out leaving the gate open...so the curious animal loving kid i was, snuck in to get closer to the deer...as i approached the deer to give it a hug, this ram began charging at me full speed...scared, i ran out the gate leaving it wide open...i ran past my mother and grandmother screaming and behind me were a parade of animals...i tripped over the strap of my unfastened sandal, fell to the ground and was run over by that ram...my mother ran over picked me up and all i remember is being in the first aid station with a cut knee which became a permanent scar...every time i look at that scar, i wonder what become of the animals i emancipated?...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...believe I had the same experience with those deer...I am keeping my eye on you, although my emails come back "undeliverable"...Angie

Sandrasanonymous said...

what a pretty dress you have on. I've often said that baby vomit is such a nice colour on you!